Charming double bedroom in top floor duplex off north Portobello Rd W10
Charming double bedroom with garden view in top floor, bohemian book-lined duplex, just off north Portobello Road. 'Fornasetti' themed shower-bath across from the bedroom for your own use as live in landlord uses a seperate shower room. Fresh linen, towels supplied. Ideal for out of towner needing a 5 day work week base, or a PhD student, first jobber, academic sabbatical.
Good location (North Portobello) for taking in Golborne Road street market and café life.
- light, airy view over back gardens, plane trees and the school playground of the Instituto Espanol Canada Blanch.
- classic wood ‘lit bateau’, romantic small French double, 1m83 x 1m17 not suitable for tall individuals.
- desk and chair; TV on chest of drawers.
- cupboard space with one long shelf; limited storage in roof space above bathroom (one large suitcase)
- cotton sheets and towels: bed made up weekly (Saturday afternoon) by cleaning lady.
- one set of keys provided (replacement cost 95GBP)
- high-speed wifi.
- washing machine, one load per week.
- references required, and some info about you; a standard flatshare agreement applies, for mutual agreement and signature.
- French spoken.
- If you don't like cats, or are not used to them, or suffer from allergies, please be aware that an Abyssinian cat lives here; this is her home. Please shut the door if you do not want her in your room.
Open plan living room-kitchen with leafy views. I can provide a shelf in the fridge and you are welcome to cook light meals, but NO heavy frying. Microwave. The kitchen has a round dining table. There are numerous good cafes and restaurants in the area. A private roof terrace with a small table and chairs is lovely if you like having breakfast in the open air.
Please note that large gatherings or dinner parties are a no-no, and noise must be minimal in the evening and at night.
Sainsbury and Tesco are on Ladbroke Grove. A bus stop is a 1 minute walk away with 24/7 bus routes to Kensington and the West End.
Fornasetti-themed bathroom sometimes shared with Air BnB guest in single room downstairs.
Other things to note
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, or a medical condition you are aware of but for which you have not had a diagnosis, please ensure you have full insurance cover and be up front and honest about it when enquiring.
A bus stop is a 1 minute walk away with 24/7 bus routes to Kensington and the West End. The Hammersmith line tube is a 3 minute walk away
Portobello and Golborne roads are popular destinations with a street market and café life. Sainsbury and Tesco are on Ladbroke Grove. Holland Park is one mile away and is gorgeous for walks and relaxing.