Lovely Double Room in the heart Islington
Newly furnished double bedroom available in the heart of Islington, for Monday to Friday letting. Angel, De Beauvoir, Stoke Newington and Shoreditch right on your doorstep, plus easy access to most areas of London. Perfect for anyone commuting into the city for the working week!
The room is fully furnished with a new double bed, large wardrobe with shelving, desk etc. There is also excellent storage in the property, including two walk-in cupboards and space for a bicycle. The square is set back from Essex Rd and so is quiet with mainly families living around. The room has a large east facing window which gets a nice amount of sunlight, but with a fully working blind for night time.
The flat is a ground floor, split level maisonette, and you would be sharing with just one other person - myself (Susie). I am 33, originally from Surrey and I have owned my flat since 2012, but recently lived in Australia for four years. I work as a creative for the music industry, mostly working from home during the week. I'm relaxed and friendly, love a bit of DIY and have renovated the property myself over the years.
Downstairs there is a large and sunny kitchen, leading to a spacious bright dining and living area. Kitchen includes fully working oven, large fridge freezer, washer dryer and more cupboard space than I have ever managed to use! Also fully equipped with cookware and crockery etc for your use. Separate shared bathroom and toilet on the upper floor with the bedrooms, the bathroom has both a bath and shower. There is also a sweet little front yard which is a little bare right now (winter), but is a great sun trap and home to herbs etc.
All bills, wifi etc are included, and LGBTQ+ welcome. The area also has great transport links and a plethora of local amenities.
Transport Links are excellent here!...
* Buses from just outside on Essex Rd go to Angel (5 mins), Waterloo (25 mins), Kings Cross (20 mins), Oxford Street & Soho (30 mins) and various routes heading north and east.
* Angel tube is just a 20 min walk, Highbury & Islington just 10 min walk. The overground also goes from either H&I or Canonbury stations, travelling east down to Shoreditch or west via Hampstead and Camden.
* You can also walk easily to Old Street area if you don't fancy the bus!
* Parking is available on nearby streets, you would need to apply for a permit however.
Local Amenities (are pretty endless, but here's the important ones)...
* Local Tesco and Sainsbury's, plus an excellent greengrocer are literally round the corner.
* Lovely yoga studio Down To Earth is just across the road, plus a couple more and a new Frame towards Angel
* Large Sainsbury's and Waitrose in Angel, along with various clothes stores, bookshops, Planet Organic etc.
* A number of really good local restaurants, cafes and pubs, including The Rosemary Branch, Aperstat cafe, The Old Queens Head
* Two cinemas in Angel, including Screen on the Green which is delightful
* A good few parks nearby, plus the canal walk up to Broadway Market and London Fields and tube to Hampstead Heath